The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Alder Fire and Mountaineer Fire (Wildfire) October 17, 2018Alder Fire and Mountaineer Fire Update – October 16, 2018 Alder Fire The Alder Fire, is located about 5 miles north of Camp Nelson on the Western Divide Ranger District in Giant Sequoia National Monument, Sequoia National Forest. It has slowly and steadily grown since it was discovered October 4th. A reconnaissance flight will continue to check it daily. It […]
- Klondike Fire (Wildfire) October 17, 2018Current daily fire update for Klondike and Taylor Creek Fires. More information is posted on our Facebook page for Taylor Creek Fire and Klondike Fire Information. Klondike West Zone: Unusually warm temperatures, low humidity and gusty winds across on Sunday, October 14 and caused a vertical column and spotting up to 5 miles to the northwest and a 5,000 acre […]
- Lost Fire (Wildfire) October 16, 2018Fire crews are responding to the Lost Fire, located southwest of the Reds Meadow Valley in the John Muir Wilderness. The fire is approximately 10 acres in size and has been determined to be lightning-caused fire from the storm system that passed through the area on October 2. This fire is a “sleeper” or “hold-over” fire that was detected today when activity […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2018-19 (Prescribed Fire) October 16, 2018See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on planned prescribed burns. As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season arrives, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is beginning its preparations for fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects. “The 2018 fire season has provided significant firefi […]
- Platypus Fire (Wildfire) October 16, 2018As of 10-5-2018: The Platypus/Rhino Fire is a Type IV Incident with Keith Halloran as the IC. Discovery date: July 28, 2018 Cause: Lightning Tactics: Full suppression Location: Approximately 6 miles northwest of Sedona in Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness. (Lat/Long: 34.94291, -111.8701) Current size: 5,744 acres Containment: 100% Resources: Three personne […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.