The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Bridge Creek Fire (Wildfire) August 17, 2017The Bridge Creek Fire was ignited by lightning on the afternoon of August 8th, 2017, on the Colville Reservation of NE Washington. After Initial Attack on August 9th by the Mount Tolman Fire Center, the fire continued to grow. As Northwest Incident Management Team 6 transitioned into management of the fire beginning at 6 PM on August 11th, the fire had grown […]
- High Cascades Complex (Wildfire) August 17, 2017The Spruce Lake Fire and Blanket Creek Fire as well as 5 smaller fires (Silent, Butte, Broken Lookout, Roundtop, and Needle) are now being managed as the High Cascades Complex. California Interagency Incident Management Team 3 (Mark von Tillow) is in command of the High Cascades Complex. Lightning storms in late July and early August ignited over 40 fires we […]
- Ruth Complex (Wildfire) August 17, 2017Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 1:30 P.M.Fire Situation: The Willie Fire is 40 percent contained. Yesterday, handcrews made significant progress on the Willie Fire. They constructed fireline around the entire eastern portion of the fire that is in the Yolla-Bolly Middle Eel Wilderness. They secured and started to mopup fireline on the north and south sides of th […]
- Falcon Complex (Wildfire) August 17, 2017The Umpqua National Forest received more than a dozen lightning strikes from a storm on Monday August 8, 2017, that moved through southwest Oregon. The majority of the strikes were along the flanks of the Cascades. Spotty rain accompanied the storm. Four fires on the Tiller Ranger District are within the Rogue-Umpqua Divide Wilderness: in Whitehorse Meadows, […]
- Staley (Wildfire) August 17, 2017The Staley Fire is 15 Miles south of Hill Creek Reservoir on the Middle Fork Ranger District. It was reported 9PM on August 9th, the fire was caused by a lighting strike. The Gila / Las Cruces Type 3 incident management team was asked to take over the logistical, safety, and leadership of the fire to support fire personal and assist the local unit. In additi […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.