The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Kern River Ranger District Prescribed RX (Prescribed Fire) February 15, 2019PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN DRIVING THROUGH PRESCRIBED BURN AREAS - Firefighters and equipment are active along the roads. Public and firefighter safety remain our #1 priority. There will be no burning the week of February 11-15, 2019 Prescribed burning has ceased temporarily on the Greenhorn Mountains due to poor burning conditions Kernville, Ca….February 2019: […]
- Tonto National Forest Rx Burns 2018 (Prescribed Fire) February 13, 2019Prescribed fires are essential tools for restoring the forest in our fire-adapted ecosystem, and smoke is an unavoidable byproduct of these vital efforts. Fire managers strive to minimize smoke impacts to the community as much as possible. They burn when winds and other atmospheric conditions will push the majority of smoke away from homes; they will burn la […]
- Slash Pile Burning 2018/2019 (Prescribed Fire) February 13, 2019As winter conditions settle in across Colorado's Northern Front Range, the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests will work to burn slash piles resulting from fuels reduction and hazardous tree removal projects across the area. Hand piles are a result of using chainsaws to thin the forest. Much of the smaller cut material is piled for burning. Machine p […]
- Baldwin Lake Rx (Prescribed Fire) February 12, 2019U.S. Forest Service fire crews will continue burning operations on the Baldwin Lake project on Wed. Feb. 13. Burning may continue through Thurs. Feb. 14.The project consists of slash piles from 742 acres of vegetation thinning near the Lake Williams community on the east end of Big Bear Valley. About 106 acres have already been completed. The project, which […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2018-19 (Prescribed Fire) February 12, 2019See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on planned prescribed burns. As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season arrives, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is conducting its fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects. “The 2018 fire season has provided significant firefighting challenge […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.