The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Chetco Bar Fire (Wildfire) September 20, 2017Incident Summary: In the past week firefighters have made good progress in containing and strengthening lines around the Chetco Bar Fire. Firefighters, including crews with Oregon Army National Guard Task Force 5, continue to monitor and patrol the fireline, adding waterbars and recovering equipment where where containment objectives have been achieved. The […]
- Umpqua North Complex (Wildfire) September 20, 2017A series of lightning storms in early August ignited several wildfires on the North Umpqua and Diamond Lake Ranger Districts located on the Umpqua National Forest east of Roseburg, Oregon. These fires were collectively named the Umpqua North Complex and as of September 19, 2017 have burned more than 43,000 acres. Currently, there are ten active fires in the […]
- Buck Fire (CA) (Wildfire) September 20, 2017Current Fire Situation:The Buck Fire began at approximately 6:42 p.m. on September 12, 2017 as the result of a lightning strike near Black Rock Mountain, close to the Yolla-Bolly Middle Eel Wilderness. The fire is burning in dense understory of a remote section of the forest between the East Fork of the South Fork Trinity River and Black Rock Mountain. A for […]
- Eagle Creek Fire (Wildfire) September 20, 2017The Eagle Creek Fire, was reported Saturday afternoon at approximately 4:00pm in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. The fire grew to 3,000 acres overnight that first night. During the night of September 4th and 5th, east winds, combined with excessive heat caused the fire rapidly increase in size pushing westward. As of the morning of September 5 […]
- Jolly Mountain Fire (Wildfire) September 20, 2017Summary:A lightning strike started the Jolly Mountain Fire on August 11, 2017. The fire continues to burn in the Cle Elum Ranger District of the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest and on or near land managed by the Washington Department of National Resources and The Nature Conservancy.The fire is being managed for full suppression although fire managers anti […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.