The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- 2017 Helena Prescribed Burns (Prescribed Fire) March 23, 2017The Helena Ranger District is preparing to implement prescribed burn projects in and around the Helena area, when the appropriate weather and fuel conditions allow. The areas planned for treatment have remained relatively untouched by fire for almost a century, which is significant because many of these areas experienced fire every 2-47 years prior to Euro-A […]
- Sonnys Fire (Wildfire) March 23, 2017Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge firefighters responded to the Sonnys Fire at around 6:00 PM on Sunday, March 19,2017. The fire started when a visitor to the refuge trespassed off-road and the visitor's vehicle caught fire. The vehicle burned, but there were no injuries to occupants. The surrounding grass caught fire around the vehicle and grew t […]
- 2017 Spring Prescribed Fires (Prescribed Fire) March 23, 2017The National Park Service is planning seven prescribed fires this spring at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Approximately 1,570 acres are expected to be burned. Fire is used as a tool for the park's long-term restoration and hazard fuel reduction efforts. “During this spring fire season we have set some ambitious goals,” said Mel Whitenack, the park […]
- Spring Prescribed Burning Mark Twain NF (Prescribed Fire) March 22, 2017Mark Twain National Forest’s spring prescribed fire season is underway. Prescribed fires are used primarily to help reduce the threat of wildfires and to improve the health of native plants and wildlife habitat in the Forest. Deer, turkey, quail and other species benefit when the plants they depend on for food or cover are rejuvenated by the use of fire. As […]
- Northwest Oklahoma Complex (Wildfire) March 21, 2017Beginning at 7am on Friday, March 10, 2017, the Southern Area Red Incident Management Team will assume command of the Northwest Oklahoma Complex Fires. Mike Dueitt is the Incident Commander for the Red Team.Also at 7am on March 10, the wildfires in Northwest Oklahoma will be managed as a complex, as opposed to individual fires, and will be reported on this p […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.