The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Wood Fire (Wildfire) May 25, 2018The first lightning storm of the season passed over the Kern Plateau on the Kern River Ranger District, earlier this week.In its wake, a lightning fire was discovered on May 22, at approximately 11:10 a.m.The Wood fire is located in the Domeland Wilderness near Woodpecker Meadow, west of Bald Mountain and south of the Sherman Pass Road.District personnel are […]
- Buzzard Fire (Wildfire) May 25, 2018The Buzzard Fire is burning in rugged country near Eagle Peak Lookout on the Reserve Ranger District of the Gila National Forest. The fire was first discovered on Tuesday, May 22. It had spread to approximately 7,600 acres over the last three days burning in mixed conifer and grass. Fire activity is being affected by very dry conditions, gusty winds, and the […]
- SHF Lightning Fires (Wildfire) May 25, 2018During the evenings of May 8, May 15, May 20, and May 23, 2018 lightning moved through the area and ignited several new fires. Forest officials and firefighters are closely monitoring and responding to these reported fires. The U.S. Forest Service is conducting aerial reconnaissance flights to determine potential growth activity of the fires and develop appr […]
- Missoula County Floods (Flood) May 25, 2018May 25, 2018, 10 a.m. Key Updates:With current forecasts predicting the Bitterroot River to reach moderate flood stage the evening of Sunday, May 27, residents in the Lolo area who live near the river are encouraged to take extra precautions through the weekend and stay alert and informed. The river is currently expected to reach levels not seen since 1997, […]
- Grape Fire (Wildfire) May 25, 2018The Grape fire continues to be held at 60% containment and 244 acres in size. No significant changes have occurred and no change in fire behavior is expected in the next few days. For up to date fire information, please call the Hayfork Ranger Station at (530) 628-5227, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Due to an increase in fire activity, the Sims R […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.