The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Kaibab South Zone RX Fire (Prescribed Fire) November 22, 2017Operations are currently occurring on the Reed prescribed fire project on the Tusayan Ranger District and the Sunflower prescribed fire project on the Williams Ranger district. Ignitions are implemented in different areas only when favorable weather conditions exist allowing for desirable burning effects and where smoke impacts can be minimized in rural area […]
- Kern Plateau Prescribed Fire (Prescribed Fire) November 22, 2017Kernville, Ca….November 2017: Hazardous Fuels Reduction projects are scheduled this winter on three mountaintops within the Kern River Ranger District on the Sequoia National Forest. The Kern Plateau Projects: - Are located within the compound of the Blackrock Work Center and Troy Meadow Campground - both off the Sherman Pass Road. Plans are to commence pile […]
- Hollis (Wildfire) November 22, 2017The Forked fire was detected on Nov. 21 and is presently at 200 acres and located on both National Forest and private land. The Arkansas Forestry Commission and Green Bay Packing, Inc. are also managing the fire on private land. The fire is located in a remote location and there are no structures in the area.
- Fall 2017 Prescribed Burns (Prescribed Fire) November 22, 2017Fire managers plan to conduct several prescribed burns over fall 2017 and into spring 2018. Projects are dependent upon weather and wind conditions, so they can be cancelled after they have been announced if conditions are not suitable. Smoke from the burns is generally expected to disperse toward the northeast and may settle in low areas northeast of the sp […]
- Northern Region-2017 Post-Fire BAER (Burned Area Emergency Response) November 22, 2017Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) teams have been established to begin burned area surveys of the wildfires that recently burned on federal lands of the U.S. Forest Service - Northern Region. BAER team surveys are rapid assessments of the burned areas that evaluate post-fire conditions of the burned watersheds and determine the potential for increased po […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.