The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Georges Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2018The Georges Fire is a lightning-caused fire that started on July 8 north of Lone Pine, west of Manzanar National Historic Site, and south of Bairs Creek.The fire was actively suppressed along the Owens Valley to protect life and property such as Whitney Portal, Lone Pine, and Manzanar National Historic Site. Due to fire activity, the Whitney Portal area was […]
- FERGUSON FIRE (Wildfire) July 16, 2018Crews successfully held the fire along Highway 140 and protected structures as the fire showed significant growth to the south in Nutmeg and Devils Gulch area. Crews initiated several important new containment lines including Sweetwater Ridge on the southwest flank of the fire. Contingency lines are also being established on the fires eastern flank to check […]
- Dollar Ridge Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2018The human caused Dollar Ridge Fire, which began on July 1, 2018, is currently being managed by Great Basin Incident Management Team #2 (DeMasters). Rain over the past few days caused fire behavior to greatly decrease and there has been very minimal fire growth. To date, the fire has burned 56,734 acres and is 65% contained. Warmer and dryer weather today, an […]
- Sardinas Canyon Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2018The Sardinas Canyon Fire remains at 2,337 acres and 50% contained. The fire transitioned to a Type 4 organization on July 10. Due to steep and inaccessible terrain, the northeast portion of the fire perimeter will not be fully contained until substantial rainfall occurs over the fire area. Crews will continue to monitor the fire. For more information please […]
- Weston Pass Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2018The Weston Pass Fire is currently at 13,023 acres and is 93% contained. Visible smokes from within the interior of the fire will continue with warmer temperatures and lower humidity. Fire personnel will continue monitoring the fire. A local Type 3 organization under the command of IC Steve Reed had been delegated responsibility for The Weston Pass
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.