The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Holcomb Fire (Wildfire) June 27, 2017Current Situation: The Holcomb Fire began around 3:05 PM on June 19th. The fire is currently 1,503 acres, with 93 percent containment. There are currently 175 firefighters assigned including: 5 Engines, 6 Water Tenders, and 56 Hand-crews. The San Bernardino National Forest assumed command of the Holcomb Fire at 6 PM on June 25th. . Fire suppression repair of […]
- Frye Fire (Wildfire) June 27, 2017A lightning strike ignited the Frye Fire on June 7, 2017 in the old burn scar of the 2004 Nuttall Complex Fire. An indirect strategy is being taken to confine and contain the fire within the previous burn scar, to provide firefighter safety from the numerous snags, rough terrain and numerous downed logs. Fire personnel are assessing values at risk and option […]
- Bonita Fire (Wildfire) June 27, 2017The Bonita Fire, located 3 miles north of Cañon Plaza, is currently burning on the El Rito Ranger District of the Carson National Forest. The Bonita Fire was caused by a lightning strike on June 3, 2017, and was initially managed for multiple resource objectives. Due to the increasing complexity of the fire, the Carson National Forest ordered the Southwest A […]
- Brian Head Fire (Wildfire) June 26, 2017The Brian Head Fire started on June 17, at 12:20 PM. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Management of the fire is now under the command of Great Basin Incident Management Team 4 (Roide) and Great Basin Incident Management Team 2 (Martin).The Brian Head Fire began on lands administered by Brian Head Town, Iron County, in cooperation with Utah […]
- Goodwin Fire (Wildfire) June 26, 2017Closure Order Order Number: 09-237 ORDER GOODWIN FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY CLOSURE ORDER PRESCOTT NATIONAL FOREST PROHIBITIONS Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. 551 and 36 CFR § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on all National Forest System lands within the Prescott National Forest, in Yavapai County, state of Arizona. The restricted area is depicted on the […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.