The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Oregon Lakes (Wildfire) May 25, 2019The Type 2 Northwest Incident Management Team 11 led by Incident Commander Bob Johnson took over management of the Oregon Lakes Fire on May 21, 2019. This remote fire was reported at about 1 p.m. on April 30th and has been burning predominantly in the Oregon Lakes Impact Area, an area that is unsafe for firefighters and low-flying fire suppression aircraft d […]
- Castolon Fire (Wildfire) May 25, 2019On 5/23 the fire made a run in the afternoon. The fire burned past Cottonwood campground and past Blue Creek drainage. By 9 p.m. the fire's progress ended at a rock outcrop with minimal fuels next to the river and park road (route 16). Winds were reduced today on 5.24, fire behavior was low with a few minor interior smokes in the afternoon. Humidity was […]
- Maroon Fire (Wildfire) May 24, 2019FLAGSTAFF, Ariz., May 24, 2019 at 8 a.m. The Maroon fire received snow Wednesday through Thursday and is still active and burning. Throughout the planning area some snow was received overnight, but only at higher elevations, and larger fuels in the fire continue to be consumed. Crews made some great progress prepping the identified holding features, with mor […]
- Indian Peaks Prescribed Fire (Prescribed Fire) May 24, 2019The Black Range Ranger District is prepared and ready to implement the Indian Peaks Prescribed Fire Project. The estimated project size is 9,400 acres on National Forest System lands, and an additional 600 acres of New Mexico State Trust Lands and private property inholdings. The district is closely monitoring onsite fuel conditions and forecasted weather. T […]
- Compartment #1 Fire (Wildfire) May 23, 2019As of this afternoon, the Compartment #1 Fire is 98% contained. Fire personnel are continuing to patrol and monitor the fire each day, as there will continue to be areas of smoke within the fire perimeter until the area receives sufficient rain. With no rain in the forecast and a hot and dry holiday weekend approaching, fire personnel will also be ready for […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.