The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Cave Fire (Wildfire) December 13, 2019
- Slash Pile Burning 2019-2020 (Prescribed Fire) December 12, 2019As winter conditions settle in across Colorado's Northern Front Range, the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests will work to burn slash piles resulting from fuels reduction and hazardous tree removal projects across the area. Hand piles are a result of using chainsaws to thin the forest. Much of the smaller cut material is piled for burning. Machine p […]
- Klamath NF Fall RX Burning (Prescribed Fire) December 11, 2019December 11, 2019 - As weather conditions permit, pile burning and low-intensity understory burns are continuing around the forest. Below is a list showing current activity, proposed projects, and completed work. For questions, contact the burn supervisor for the specific project. Current Activity: 12/11/2019 - Happy Camp/Oak Knoll Ranger District - Fryingp […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2019-20 (Prescribed Fire) December 11, 2019See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on planned prescribed burns.As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season has arrived, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is beginning its preparations for fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects.“Prescribed fire is an important tool in our missio […]
- San Juan NF Prescribed Fire Program (Prescribed Fire) December 11, 2019The Dolores, Columbine, and Pagosa Districts are burning slash piles this week. Piles were generated from forest thinning, timber sales, and fuels reduction projects in areas targeted to reduce wildfire hazards to nearby private residences and other infrastructure. Although burning could continue through the winter, these activities should not affect public […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.