The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Pine Cove Rx (Prescribed Fire) December 22, 2018U.S. Forest Service fire crews have broadcast burned 45 of 234 acres to the west of Pine Cove, which is north of Idyllwild. The project, which will be occuring intermittently over the winter when conditions are safe for burning, is part of a larger effort to create defensible space between neighborhoods and wildland areas in the San Jacinto Mountains. Smoke […]
- Kaibab NF South Zone Rx Fire (Prescribed Fire) December 20, 2018Kaibab National Forest fire officials are alerting the public that recent prescribed fire activities may be visible at several locations across the Williams and Tusayan Ranger Districts over the next several days and could possibly linger into the approaching Christmas holiday. Forest visitors may see fire activity from recent pile burning operations that ha […]
- Kern River Ranger District Prescribed RX (Prescribed Fire) December 19, 2018Please slow down and use caution when driving near prescribed burn operations - fire fighter and public safety are our # 1 priority. 25 piles for 4 acres were completed at Road's End today, Tuesday, Dec. 18th. Wednesday, Dec. 19th crews plan to burn the remaining 30 piles in Riverkern.Thursday, Dec. 20th crews plan to burn piles in Boulder Gulch Campgro […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2018-19 (Prescribed Fire) December 18, 2018See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on planned prescribed burns. As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season arrives, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is conducting its fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects. “The 2018 fire season has provided significant firefighting challenge […]
- Alder, Mountaineer, and Moses Fires (Wildfire) December 17, 2018As of December 17, 2018 three wildfires in the Western Divide Ranger District, ignited by lightning in early October, have been declared out. It appears precipitation received in recent storms was enough to extinguish the fires. No visible smoke has been observed for over a week, if any hot spots remain, they are interior without risk of spreading. The Alder […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.