The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- YMCA Fire (Wildfire) July 11, 2020With firefighters making good progress on the YMCA Fire, Incident Commander Scott Nilson would like to remind residents and visitors that fire season is far from over. It continues to be important to avoid starting any new human-caused fires. “We can expect more lightning this summer” said Nilson, “and any new lightning starts will keep our fire crews plen […]
- Cub Fire (Wildfire) July 11, 2020Location: Approximately one-mile northeast of Cub Mountain, near the West Fork of the Gila River, Wilderness Ranger District, Gila National Forest. Start Date: June 28, 2020 Cause: Lightning Size: ~20,630 acres Vegetation: grass, brush, and multiple snags IC: Ty Oliver, ICT4 Strat […]
- Ojo de Los Casos (Wildfire) July 11, 2020A fire of unknown cause was reported 7/8/2020 at ~6:00 pm by the Capilla Lookout. It is burning in timber on the Mountainair Ranger District of the Cibola National Forest, and adjacent private land is threatened. The Albuquerque Zone Type 3 Incident Management team was ordered and assumed command of the incident the morning of
- Numbers Fire (Wildfire) July 11, 2020The Numbers Fire, burning 10 miles southeast of Gardnerville, Nevada, started on Monday, July 6. Multiple local, state, and federal wildland fire agencies are assisting with numerous fire resources working on the fire. Resources on scene include heavy equipment, hand crews, and aviation. Structures Lost/Damaged - The Douglas County assessment is ongoing and […]
- Polles Fire (Wildfire) July 11, 2020The Polles Fire is burning in the Mazatzal Wilderness on top of the Polles Mesa, approximately 11 miles west of Payson, AZ and 6 miles south of Pine-Strawberry, AZ. The fire started on 7/3 as the result of lightning from isolated thunderstorms in the area. The fire is only accessible by helicopter and 2 hotshot crews were shuttled into the fire by helicopter […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.