The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- South Rim Prescribed Burn (Prescribed Fire) March 19, 2019The Bureau of Land Management’s Gila District and Safford Field Office will black line and prepare the burn area boundaries for the approximately 15,726 acre South Rim prescribed burn in the Aravaipa Canyon area. The work will occur this Wednesday-Friday. Fire crews will monitor the burned area during and after the work to ensure public safety. In relation t […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2018-19 (Prescribed Fire) March 19, 2019See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on planned prescribed burns. As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season arrives, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is conducting its fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects. “The 2018 fire season has provided significant firefighting challenge […]
- Hoosier National Forest Prescribed Burns (Prescribed Fire) March 19, 2019Fire managers on the Hoosier National Forest (NF) intend to begin utilizing prescribed fire as a forest management tool in the coming weeks. All prescribed burns are dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to favorable weather and site conditions. Fire managers will be evaluating conditions to ensure compliance with policy and utilization o […]
- Hickman Hollow Fire (Wildfire) March 18, 2019An 8-10 acre fire was reported just east of Dyer on the Gauley Ranger District of Monongahela National Forest at about 3:30 p.m., Friday, March 15. Firefighters from several agencies responded and worked late into the night and all day Saturday to contain the fire, estimated at 25 acres. The Hickman Hollow Fire was declared controlled as of 6 p.m., Sunday, M […]
- SBNF Storm Damage (Flood) March 17, 2019The rainstorm of Feb. 14, 2019, caused extensive damage to Forest Service roads across the national forest, which covers the San Bernardino and San Jacinto mountains, as well as as the eastern slice of the San Gabriels. Damage was also caused to permitted state routes maintained by Caltrans. An incident response team has been created and is working to assess […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.