The following is a list of the most recently updated wildfire incidents around the country. Click the links for more details on each incident.
- Newman Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2019The Newman Fire, a lightning-caused wildfire south of Upper Lake Mary, is being allowed to burn and consume dense forest fuels on the Flagstaff Ranger District. The fire was discovered July 11, it is approximately 215 acres (burning in a 22,130 acre planning area) and located about 3 miles directly south of Upper Lake Mary, southeast of the intersection of F […]
- Shady Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2019The lightning caused Shady Fire was reported the evening of July 10. The fire is located approximately two (2) miles east of Seafoam Guard Station in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness on the Middle Fork Ranger District. Due to heavy fuel loading, active fire behavior, and the presence of numerous snags, firefighters have been unable to directly […]
- Woodbury Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2019The Woodbury Fire was reported to the Tonto National Forest on June 8, Saturday afternoon. Located approximately five miles northwest of Superior, Arizona, the fire is burning in steep, rugged, remote terrain in and near the Superstition Wilderness. The fire continues to burn actively during the day and through the evening. A closure order is currently in pl […]
- Hess Creek Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2019The Hess Creek Fire started June 21, 2019 by lightning moving through the area. It quickly spread through the dry black spruce. The Southern Idaho Type 3 Team took control of the fire on Tues. July 9. Objectives from the agency include:Incorporating sound risk management principles during decision process to provide for firefighter and public safety.Provide […]
- Swan Lake Fire (Wildfire) July 16, 2019The Swan Lake Fire was started by lightning on June 5th, 2019 in the USFW Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. The highest values at risk are the homes and private properties in and around the community of Sterling, Cooper Landing, the Sterling Highway and it's associated utility right of ways and infrastructure, the natural gas pipeline and structures, shel […]
Incident listing courtesy of InciWeb/NWCG. Click here for more incident information.